Friday, October 26, 2018

Getting in to the "Spirit"

I'm still catching up with blog posts so this one is a collection of things. Earlier this month, Amelia lost her 7th tooth and looked officially like a goalie. But luckily not for too long as finally a top and a bottom tooth are making their way thru after months of waiting. 
Those two might fight a lot but they are also best friends. I love the sight of them reading together!
Once or twice a week, I volunteer at Amelia's school for a couple of hours. What I help with varies each week but usually it includes sorting, copying, rearranging stuff or testing some children on vocabulary.
By now all her classmates know me and greet me with a hug. But the other day I was the month's mystery reader and came dressed as a witch. I chose a Halloween read and it was the perfect costume to match the characters in the book.
Last week, the children also dressed up for Red Ribbon Week. My cute little nerd:
Crazy Sock Day and a brief overnight visit from uncle Lee: 
Finally, one Sunday night, while the full moon was out, we used the fire pit for the first time this season and prepared hot dogs and S'Mores for dinner. 
Fall, my favorite season and when it isn't too wet or cold, we are outside. I found my way back to running 3-4 times a week and if I don't run, then we play football, tennis or catch with the kids in the yard, which is a workout too. 
It's the end of October and that means its all about dressing up and collecting candy. This year, we took a Ninja Turtle and a Witch out for trunk- or treating at Amelia's school on Saturday night. 
And the local park hosted a Halloween festival too. We saw lots of cool characters, played some games and got some sweets. 
One over-sized Ninja turtle, 2 dinosaurs and 3 princesses:
Of course, there were more Halloween activities we participated in but those are detailed in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment