Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Weekend 2016

We just enjoyed a beautiful 3-day weekend and I hope you all did too.Our weekend started off with a play date at Chick-Fil-A from my new MOPS group (Mothers of Preschoolers) here in TN. I met some lovely ladies and I'm excited for what this year has in store for us at MOPS. I also met with Cheryl, another mom from our group, that same night for some coffee and treats. We had a lovely chat and time flew by. I'm looking forward to making new friends and as soon as I started putting myself out there this week, people welcomed me with open arms here. It feels good and I desperately needed it too. 

As the weather finally turned a bit cooler over night and in the mornings this week, the kids enjoyed their outdoor picnic. Daddy mowing the lawn was their evening entertainment. 
On Saturday, we got up early (no, not really as our kids are usually up between 5:30/6am) and left the house right after breakfast as we wanted to explore the area. Our first stop was Lock 4 Park, where the kids (and Daddy) had fun on the playground.  
Next, we continued on to Laguardo State Park, which sits right on Old Hickory Lake and has a sandy beach. Since the boat ramp is right next to the beach, we decided to go and swim at our next stop instead.
We headed up to Bryant Grove at Long Hunter State Park and it was beautiful. Only a handful of people were there and the beach and lake were very clean and the water temperature just right. 
Of course, a good, satisfying lunch was needed after an active morning. Milkshakes and Burgers:
Since this weekend was college football kickoff, we had to have some game day staples: Derrick cooked up some delicious chicken wings on the BBQ and while drinking a cool beverage, we cheered on our teams (Go Gators!). I also planted some fall flowers in hopes that the temperatures will drop a bit and it starts feeling a bit more like fall is nearing. Until then, we keep enjoying the pool:
Today, we all went to the park again...the kids biking and Derrick and I running. It is nice that we all enjoy exercising together and teaching the kids early on that a healthy lifestyle is very important. The rest of the day we took it fairly easy: swimming, napping and some reading. We were supposed to got to a friend's house for a BBQ but her son unexpectedly got sick and so we postponed it till next weekend. 
And I have to add this little video from today of my baby boy playing by himself in the pool. Such a cutie pie and I love his half English, half German sentences!

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment