Friday, September 2, 2016

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 2 - Current Goals

For today, we are asked to share our current goals. Honestly, this challenge got me thinking of what my current goals really are. We just moved here and we are still adjusting to life in Nashville. So there are some obvious short-term goals and some that I want to just accomplish for my personal well-being. And since I love making lists, here we go with some current goals of mine:


  1. Finish decorating the house: Since the last few weeks here have been a bit hectic with a new school routine and figuring out our way around town (i.e: finding doctors, dentists, shopping etc.) I have not put much time nor effort in to decorating the house. This may also has something to do with the fact that I still don't know if I really want to stay here (this crazy summer heat doesn't help either). But this month, I will make it a point to finish putting pictures on the wall and then decorate some for Fall too...making the house a home. Pictures will come soon.
  2. Meet some new people: The thing about constantly moving is that you have to leave behind friends and I truly miss hanging out with them on a regular basis. It feels a bit lonely here... In Mooresville, we had such a  great and fun group of women and we constantly were doing something together. But I made an effort this week to connect to some women from my local MOPS group on Facebook and can't wait to meet them in person. No one knows I'm here if I don't come out of my house and start looking for people to connect too. MOPS is a great organization to meet other moms and I'm excited that our bi-weekly meetings will start up this month. 
  3. Finish our summer vacation blog posts: I still have 3 posts left from our summer vacation in Germany and I will finish them in the next couple of weeks. It took longer than expected but I love to look back on it one day and to have all of the pictures and happening in my blog.
  4. Read 3+ books: As you know by now, I love to read and so do my kids. We have already gotten our library card and the other day, I scored some good books at our local Goodwill store. Currently, I'm reading 3 books and I hope to finish those plus start another one or two. Reading relaxes me and makes me happy. Also, my goal for this year is to read at least 20 books, which I should easily surpass if I keep it up. 
  5. Workout 2-3 times a week: This has been one of my goals this year and since we have been back from our trip, we all go regularly to the YMCA or the park for a workout. I feel much better when I take just 35 minutes to run, swim or do some weight exercises and it is my goal to continue this trend. 
  6. Explore the area on the weekend: Take the family and go look around and see what this area has to offer. Explore new parks, caves, hiking trails, downtown Nashville, visit a high school football game, etc. We won't know if we like it here if we don't explore the area. With the temperatures finally cooling off a bit, we are looking forward to be outdoors more often and to see new things.
  7. Find a new church: We have not been to a local church here yet and it is time, to try and find one that suits all our needs. I'm looking forward to hearing God's word on Sundays and to find a great church community where not only I feel comfortable but also the kids. 
  8. Work on my parenting skills: This is something I constantly have to improve on and with the kids growing up, it is an ever evolving thing. Amelia is at the age where she likes to test us and my temper can be very short sometimes, especially when I'm low on sleep. So my new motto this month is: Attack with love, not words - don't raise my voice, be reasonable with my demands and keep in mind that they are just small children. 
  9. Look for new career opportunities: This one is a big and important one for me as I think I'm ready to put my little guy in to preschool and start working on my future career. There are a couple of things I would like to pursue but I have to do some research to see if it makes sense for our family. Also, I have been a stay-at-home for the past 5 years and returning to the workforce may bring some challenges with it. 
Wow, after thinking about it, I got quite a list of current goals. I guess it will be a busy month for me. I will let you know next month, how I did on these goals and may make it a habit of putting up a monthly list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment