Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 7 - Joy

It's hump day already :) I love a short work week as it means that the weekend is right around the corner again. Today's question from the #blogtemberchallenge is to name 5 things that bring me joy.

1. MY FAMILY: Being together with my soulmate and my kids is the best ever. It can be stressful at times and sometimes I need time to myself but I love them to the moon and back and wouldn't want to be anyone else's wife or mom. 
2. A GOOD BOOK: Reading and more reading is pure joy and relaxation to me. I love a good book: a mystery novel, historic fiction, a memoir, etc. And I like an old fashion paper copy to hold in my hands, smooth out pages and to smell them. (I do have a NOOK and Kindle, but prefer a real book instead). My current fave is Carry On Warrior (Thoughtson Life Unarmored) by Glennon Doyle Melton.
3. MY BED: I love crawling in to the made bed at night and get a good night's rest (of preferably 8-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep), especially when there are freshly washed sheets on it. The smell and feel of clean just delights me. Also, we spent a lot of money on our SleepNumber Bed, but it is honestly the best bed ever!!!

4. CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS OR BIRTHDAYS: I enjoy decorating the house for every season and for everyone's birthday. Making ordinary days special for other people and seeing them smile makes my heart jump. 
5. MY FRIENDS: I enjoy hanging out with my girlfriends and chatting time away with them. We are always there for each other, despite the long distance. They just uplift my soul and life without friends would be impossible. They keep me grounded and take me for whom I am. These girls are my sisters I picked out for myself!
These are the 5 things that bring me joy, How about you? What brings you joy?

3 comments:

  1. I love a good book as well! I haven't heard of the one you listed, so I need to look it up! And yes to celebrating Christmas and birthdays (and now anniversaries since my one year is coming up!). I grew up in a family of 9 sibs, so as a kid, once my bday came around, I wanted the day to be all about me, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is great, so similar to mine! Books, family and friends a constant source of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good book too! And I agree about celebrating birthdays and holidays! I love making these things so special!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete