Monday, September 5, 2016

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 5- Most Memorable Birthday

Today's prompt from Bailey's  #blogtemberchallenge is to write about our most memorable birthday. I'm not sure if it is just me or others too that I can't decide which one is the most memorable. At least 5 birthdays pop up right away and put a smile on my face just thinking about them. I spent my 18th birthday celebrating with a bunch of friends at my house; my 28th and 29th birthday I spent with my husband together in Washington DC and Chicago, respectively; my mom celebrated my 34th birthday with me and my family here in the U.S. and for my 33th birthday I went horseback riding.
But I think the most memorable birthday was my 30th BIRTHDAY because I was able to celebrate it in Berlin with my friends and family. After spending my past 11 birthdays in the USA, it felt so good to finally celebrate a birthday with my loved ones in Germany again. I missed that. And to make it even better, we combined my daughter's baptism with my 30th birthday party. A lot of friends and family members were able to come and we enjoyed a fun afternoon filled with food, drinks and laughter.

The day of my actual birthday, I spent with my best friend visiting an indoor tropical garden and eating the most delicious birthday cake.
This truly was a birthday to remember as the chances of me being able to go home to Germany for my birthday again are very slim. For me, birthdays are not about gifts or having the greatest party but about who do I spent them with. 


1 comment:

  1. How cool that you got to spend your 30th birthday with family in Berlin! An indoor tropical garden sounds so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete