Thursday, September 1, 2016

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 1 - Introductions

It is officially September and Fall sure is around the corner. I can't wait for the cooler temperatures to arrive and the leaves to turn yellow, red and brown. Also, starting today you can buy anything pumpkin you desire and bake pumpkin bread without anyone looking strange at you. Hooray! 
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to join in on the #blogtemberchallenge and try to write a few prompted posts this month. I probably won't get a daily post together as I'm still catching up on our summer adventures but I sure to try to post at least 3-4 times a week. Let's see how that goes. The idea of the #blogtemberchallenge and the daily prompts for the next 30 days are derived from Bailey's blog (www.braveloveblog.com). If you are interested in joining in on the fun, you can find the link here: Blog-tember Prompts 
Day one starts with introductions. Most of you know me by now and thus, I figured that I keep it short and sweet. When I was 19 years old, I left my hometown of Berlin, Germany to come to sunny Florida for a year as an Au-Pair/ nanny. I got along very well with my host family and I loved it here, even though I never in my dreams imagined that I would live in America, and decided to stay longer. After earning my AA and BBA degrees while working different jobs in between, I got my first professional job at a bank in West Palm Beach, Florida, in 2007 and I met my future husband Derrick a year later at a local charity event. We fell in love and got married in July 2010 in Germany. In August 2011, our daughter Amelia was born and a few weeks later we moved to Miami and I decided to become a stay-at-home mom. In December 2013,our son Elliot was born, which made our family of 4 complete.
Because we were worn out from the stress of living in Miami and my husband's crazy work hours, we explored to move to Costa Rica in Fall 2014 (that's how this blog got started) but after taking a 3-week vacation there, we found it not suitable for us at that time. So we looked around a bit more and decided to move to Mooresville, NC in Spring of 2015. While we loved it there, my husband got a great job offer in Nashville, TN in March 2016 and so we all moved here in the beginning of summer. At this point, we are still debating if we like it here enough to stay for a longer period of time or if we may just pack up again and go where God will lead us. This life of ours is never dull and we learned that nothing ever is perfect!


And here a few fun facts (I totally copied the idea from Bailey) you may not know about me: 
  1. Coffee or tea? Tea, I never had a cup of coffee in my life.
  2. Black and white or color? Color.
  3. Dresses or skirts? Dresses!
  4. Books or movies?  Books. Give me all the books.
  5. Pepsi or Coke? None. Seldom, I drink a Sprite or Fanta
  6. Chinese or Italian? Italian all the way.
  7. Early bird or night owl?  The early bird catches the worm.
  8. Chocolate or vanilla?  Vanilla ice cream and anything else chocolate.
  9. Introvert or extrovert?  Extrovert but since having children, I feel like I become a bit of an introvert.
  10. Hugs or kisses? Both.
  11. Winter or summer? Winter because we lived too long in Florida
  12. Spring or fall?  Fall. My favorite season of the year.
  13. Rural or urban? Somewhere in-between. 
  14. Cake or pie?  Cake
  15. Ice cream or yogurt?  Frozen yogurt.
  16. Comedy or mystery? Both
  17. Boots or sandals?  Sandals 
  18. Jazz or classical? Classical music to wind down.
  19. Dancing or singing?  I can’t sing or dance well but I still enjoy doing both.
  20. Board games or video games? Board games. Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Risk, etc
  21. Wine or beer?  Wine. Sweet and sparkling please.
  22. Body weight exercises or Cardio?  Cardio…I’m a runner girl.
  23. Football or basketball?  Football: Go Gators but also watch basketball. 
  24. Crossword puzzles or sudoku? Both 
  25. Smile or game face?  Smile.
  26. Fruit or vegetables?  Both, and mostly raw
  27. Sausage or bacon?  Bacon. 
  28. Scrambled or fried? Scrambled.
  29. Dark chocolate or white chocolate? Milk chocolate.
  30. Dress up or dress down? Dress up.
  31. Cats or dogs? We are cat lovers over here.
  32. Numbers or letters?  Letters. Even though I was a credit analyst and I guess good with numbers.
  33. Fair or theme park? DISNEY WORLD!
  34. Money or fame? Uh.... money?
  35. Washing dishes or doing laundry? Laundry. I hate dealing with dirty dishes.
  36. Snakes or sharks? Neither. Nope nope nope nope.
  37. Sunrise or sunset? Sunsets in Key West get me every time. 
  38. Slacker or over-achiever? Typ  A personality and over-achiever…sorry, folks.
  39. Pen or pencil?  Pen and Fountain pen
  40. Peanut butter or jelly?  Neither, Nutella
  41. Multiple choice questions or essay questions? Essays!
  42. Adventurous or cautious?  More adventurous if you can tell by our constant moves.
  43. Saver or spender? Trying to save by buying bargains
  44. Call or text? Text. Duh.
  45. Curly hair or straight hair? So, so straight and I’m still dreaming of wavy hair.
  46. Spicy or mild? No spicy here. 
  47. Paying a mortgage or paying rent? Daydreaming of owning a home someday, so mortgage?
  48. Sky dive or bungee jump? If hubby would let me, sky dive.
  49. Jello or pudding? Warm homemade vanilla pudding.
  50. Truth or dare? Truth.
So, this is a bit about myself and what makes me go. Hope you are enjoying this and I'm looking forward to Day 2 of this #blogtemberchallenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment